Frederikssund, located on the west coast of Sjaelland, is less than an hour's train ride from Copenhagen and a place full of natural beauty and historical castles and majestic fjords. Step back in time and see some real Danish Vikings - Visit Frederikssund Denmark
The Frederikssund area includes Skibby, Slangerup and Jaegerpris - which can all be reached easily by car, bicycle or public transportation. The atmosphere of the Frederikssund area is peaceful and relaxing compared to that of Copenhagen and the visitor can find many leisurely things to see and do.
1. The Fjord Path: If you enjoy nature, than strolling along the coast and seeing the fjords is a unique attraction not found in many other places in the world. The Fjord Path is nearly 275 km long, so for most people they will only walk or cycle part of the path. Depending on which section you take, you can see a variety of landscapes including one part where you will see the "King's Oak" - the oldest Oak tree in Europe. It is over 1500 years old!
2. The castles - There are two main castles in the area, Jaegerpris Castle and Selsoe Castle. There are guided tours of the 1854 Jaegerpris Castle and Selsoe Castle, where the "White Lady" haunts the castle.
3. The Faergegaarden Museum is located across the Kronprins Frederiks Bridge and houses an exhibition taking the visitor back through the history of the area - from Bronze Age to modern developments.
4. The Vikings - If you plan your visit during the summer months, you can see the live performances of "The Vikings", telling stories and re-enacting the lives of real Vikings. There are also exhibits with real dwellings and workshops.
5. The J. F. Willumsen's Museum is dedicated to the works of Danish artist Jens Ferdinand Willumsen. The exhibit includes paintings, sculptures, graphics, photography, ceramics, architecture and much more by this prolific artist.
6. Finally, you should take some time out to enjoy some of the great outdoor activities available to any visitor. Sailing, kayaking, boating, a trip on an old steamship, fishing, angling, golfing, cycling and hiking. You can rent equipment and hire out everything you need - just bring along your enthusiasm and have a great day out in the beautiful natural beauty of Frederikssund.
If you found this page helpful, please give a google+ and or a facebook like at the top of the screen, so others can also find this information. Thank you.
Do you have a helpful tip or comment on this subject that you would like to share? Please leave comments below.
Feb 17, 19 09:25 AM
The National Danish religion is Evangelical Lutheran and most Danes are part of the state supported church system.
Feb 17, 19 09:10 AM
Before arriving, it is important to have your documents for Denmark; such as passport, visa, work and study permits in order.
Feb 17, 19 08:45 AM
Denmark has a very good bus transportation system and with just a bit of knowledge you can quickly and easily master the system and avoid having to use your car or getting lost. Read this helpful info